Woman in explosives arrest near UK Olympic site
London: Police said on Wednesday they had arrested a female security guard at London`s Olympic Stadium after a small amount of the bomb-making material Semtex was found during a search of her car.
London police said the 40-year-old dog handler was arrested at a car park close to the east London site and was being held at a nearby police station on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance.
But the incident was not being treated as terrorist related, they said.
"Searches were carried out at residential addresses in Kent and London, no further substances were found," a police statement said.
"The Counter Terrorism Command is aware but the incident is not being treated as terrorism related," the statement added.
Class A drugs were also found during a search of the woman`s car, police confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'