Woman in explosives arrest near UK Olympic site
London: Police said on Wednesday they had arrested a female security guard at London`s Olympic Stadium after a small amount of the bomb-making material Semtex was found during a search of her car.
London police said the 40-year-old dog handler was arrested at a car park close to the east London site and was being held at a nearby police station on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance.
But the incident was not being treated as terrorist related, they said.
"Searches were carried out at residential addresses in Kent and London, no further substances were found," a police statement said.
"The Counter Terrorism Command is aware but the incident is not being treated as terrorism related," the statement added.
Class A drugs were also found during a search of the woman`s car, police confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information