Woman in explosives arrest near UK Olympic site
London: Police said on Wednesday they had arrested a female security guard at London`s Olympic Stadium after a small amount of the bomb-making material Semtex was found during a search of her car.
London police said the 40-year-old dog handler was arrested at a car park close to the east London site and was being held at a nearby police station on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance.
But the incident was not being treated as terrorist related, they said.
"Searches were carried out at residential addresses in Kent and London, no further substances were found," a police statement said.
"The Counter Terrorism Command is aware but the incident is not being treated as terrorism related," the statement added.
Class A drugs were also found during a search of the woman`s car, police confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic