Woman in explosives arrest near UK Olympic site
London: Police said on Wednesday they had arrested a female security guard at London`s Olympic Stadium after a small amount of the bomb-making material Semtex was found during a search of her car.
London police said the 40-year-old dog handler was arrested at a car park close to the east London site and was being held at a nearby police station on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance.
But the incident was not being treated as terrorist related, they said.
"Searches were carried out at residential addresses in Kent and London, no further substances were found," a police statement said.
"The Counter Terrorism Command is aware but the incident is not being treated as terrorism related," the statement added.
Class A drugs were also found during a search of the woman`s car, police confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win