Woman in explosives arrest near UK Olympic site
London: Police said on Wednesday they had arrested a female security guard at London`s Olympic Stadium after a small amount of the bomb-making material Semtex was found during a search of her car.
London police said the 40-year-old dog handler was arrested at a car park close to the east London site and was being held at a nearby police station on suspicion of possession of an explosive substance.
But the incident was not being treated as terrorist related, they said.
"Searches were carried out at residential addresses in Kent and London, no further substances were found," a police statement said.
"The Counter Terrorism Command is aware but the incident is not being treated as terrorism related," the statement added.
Class A drugs were also found during a search of the woman`s car, police confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!