Woman in Petraeus scandal visited White House
Washington: An Obama administration official says a Florida socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion cafeteria.
The official says Jill Kelley, who initiated an investigation that ultimately unveiled Petraeus` extramarital affair, and her sister had two "courtesy" meals at the White House cafeteria as guests of a mid-level White House aide. Kelley and her family also received a White House tour.
The visits occurred during the past three months.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because those visitor records have not yet been made public.
The official said the White House aide who hosted her met the Kelley family at MacDill Air Force Base near their Tampa home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured