Woman in Petraeus scandal visited White House
Washington: An Obama administration official says a Florida socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion cafeteria.
The official says Jill Kelley, who initiated an investigation that ultimately unveiled Petraeus` extramarital affair, and her sister had two "courtesy" meals at the White House cafeteria as guests of a mid-level White House aide. Kelley and her family also received a White House tour.
The visits occurred during the past three months.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because those visitor records have not yet been made public.
The official said the White House aide who hosted her met the Kelley family at MacDill Air Force Base near their Tampa home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row