Woman in Petraeus scandal visited White House
Washington: An Obama administration official says a Florida socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion cafeteria.
The official says Jill Kelley, who initiated an investigation that ultimately unveiled Petraeus` extramarital affair, and her sister had two "courtesy" meals at the White House cafeteria as guests of a mid-level White House aide. Kelley and her family also received a White House tour.
The visits occurred during the past three months.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because those visitor records have not yet been made public.
The official said the White House aide who hosted her met the Kelley family at MacDill Air Force Base near their Tampa home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach