Woman in Petraeus scandal visited White House
Washington: An Obama administration official says a Florida socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion cafeteria.
The official says Jill Kelley, who initiated an investigation that ultimately unveiled Petraeus` extramarital affair, and her sister had two "courtesy" meals at the White House cafeteria as guests of a mid-level White House aide. Kelley and her family also received a White House tour.
The visits occurred during the past three months.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because those visitor records have not yet been made public.
The official said the White House aide who hosted her met the Kelley family at MacDill Air Force Base near their Tampa home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders