Woman jailed in Italy for dumping baby in toilet
Rome: A court in Rome Tuesday sentenced a young Romanian woman to four years in prison on attempted murder charges after she abandoned her newborn baby inside a toilet in a restaurant.
Andreia Grancea, 21, gave birth to the baby in the restaurant in Rome in December last year.
She fled the scene, and the baby was rescued by two girls who entered the toilet minutes later.
The case is similar to the Chinese baby who survived in May after being flushed down a squat lavatory by his 22-year-old single mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users