Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years
Moscow: A Russian woman has been found guilty of killing her newborn baby and keeping its body for five years in a freezer.
A court in Arkhangelsk in northern Russia established that 37-year-old Lyudmila Smirnova gave birth to a baby girl at her home in January 2007 and then proceeded to smother it with a cloth.
She then put the body into deepfreeze, keeping it there until Dec 29, 2011, when it was pulled out by her male companion, who thought it was meat.
Smirnova admitted her guilt.
The court took into account the fact that she has two other children and gave her a 22-month suspended sentence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?