Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years
Moscow: A Russian woman has been found guilty of killing her newborn baby and keeping its body for five years in a freezer.
A court in Arkhangelsk in northern Russia established that 37-year-old Lyudmila Smirnova gave birth to a baby girl at her home in January 2007 and then proceeded to smother it with a cloth.
She then put the body into deepfreeze, keeping it there until Dec 29, 2011, when it was pulled out by her male companion, who thought it was meat.
Smirnova admitted her guilt.
The court took into account the fact that she has two other children and gave her a 22-month suspended sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation