Woman keeps dead baby in fridge for five years
Moscow: A Russian woman has been found guilty of killing her newborn baby and keeping its body for five years in a freezer.
A court in Arkhangelsk in northern Russia established that 37-year-old Lyudmila Smirnova gave birth to a baby girl at her home in January 2007 and then proceeded to smother it with a cloth.
She then put the body into deepfreeze, keeping it there until Dec 29, 2011, when it was pulled out by her male companion, who thought it was meat.
Smirnova admitted her guilt.
The court took into account the fact that she has two other children and gave her a 22-month suspended sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'