Women pillars of economy: Cherie Blair
Mumbai: Women are pillars of economy and
need to be encouraged and motivated, Cherie Blair, founder
of the Cherie Blair Foundation of Women, said here on Thursday.
"Women are pillars of economy and we need to encourage
and motivate them to get into entrepreneurship and business,"
the 55-year-old wife of former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair,
said at a function in south Mumbai this evening.
"The Indian Government should also look into overall
progress of women," she said.
Sheriff of Mumbai Indu Shahani organised a high-tea
for Cherie Blair at her residence.
The Foundation is holding a “Women Mean Business”
conference, where women representing a diversity of
professions will gather for a day-long event here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened