Women pillars of economy: Cherie Blair
Mumbai: Women are pillars of economy and
need to be encouraged and motivated, Cherie Blair, founder
of the Cherie Blair Foundation of Women, said here on Thursday.
"Women are pillars of economy and we need to encourage
and motivate them to get into entrepreneurship and business,"
the 55-year-old wife of former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair,
said at a function in south Mumbai this evening.
"The Indian Government should also look into overall
progress of women," she said.
Sheriff of Mumbai Indu Shahani organised a high-tea
for Cherie Blair at her residence.
The Foundation is holding a “Women Mean Business”
conference, where women representing a diversity of
professions will gather for a day-long event here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere