‘Women seeking revenge in Assange’s extradition’
London: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and his supporters have claimed that the extradition of him to Sweden is a part of huge conspiracy, aimed at taking revenge from the former hacker.
Two women had previously alleged that Assange, an Australian citizen and the founder of the Wikileaks website, had sexually assaulted them in Sweden, following which he now faces being extradited from the UK.
Assange’s allies claim that the plan is a combination of two women scorned seeking revenge and a Swedish state that is secretly conniving with Americans to extradite the former hacker to the US to face charges related to his release of hundreds of thousands of the US military and State Department documents two years ago.
Now, Assange`s nearly two-year fight against extradition to Sweden for questioning over the allegations is nearing an end, with a final decision being made within two weeks.
The public position of Wikileaks has been that there is a secret deal between Sweden and the US to ship the Australian to American custody as soon as possible.
According to Christian Science Monitor, a statement released by Assange’s supporters said, “The US, UK, Swedish and Australian governments are engaging in a coordinated effort to extradite its editor in chief Julian Assange to the United States, to face espionage charges for journalistic activities.”
UK’s prominent left-wing journalist John Pilger also backed the group’s claims by saying, “Swedish elite has forged sinister and obsequious links with Washington."
Pilger, who has been one of the self-appointed defenders of Assange, dismissed out of hand the allegations made against the Wikileaks supremo.
"The attempt to extradite Assange is unjust and political. I have read almost every scrap of evidence in this case and it`s clear, in terms of natural justice, that no crime was committed,” he declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say