Women wear hijab in support of hate victim
London: One million women worldwide have posted their pictures on Facebook wearing the hijab to show their support for an Iraqi immigrant in the US who was brutally murdered.
Mother-of-five Shaima Alawadi was found beaten and unconscious in her San Diego home last month which officials described as a "hate crime".
Now as a show of solidarity towards the female Islamic community, one million women - many of whom are non-Muslim - have posted their photos wearing the traditional headscarf, the Daily Mail reported.
The campaign, "One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi", has seen women worldwide wear the Islamic headscarf to show support for the family and friends of Alawadi, who was found dead March 21.
Alawadi`s husband had made an emotional plea to catch her "racist" killer, after she was found in a pool of blood next to a note which read, "go back to your country, you terrorist".
Women have also sent their messages of support while posting their photos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price