Worker at Japan`s tsunami-hit nuclear plant dies
Tokyo: The operator of Japan`s tsunami-wrecked nuclear power plant says a contract worker in his 60s has died after collapsing at the facility`s waste disposal building.
Tokyo Electric Power Co spokesman Naoyuki Matsumoto says the man was carrying equipment at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant when he collapsed Saturday.
Matsumoto says they do not know the cause of the worker`s death. He says no radioactivity at harmful levels was detected in his body. He says the worker was fully covered with a mask, gloves and radiation protection suit.
The building stores radioactive-contaminated water that has leaked from the plant`s reactors.
The Fukushima Dai-ichi plant was severely damaged by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami and is still leaking radiation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday