Working to have ties with Pak back on track: US
Washington: Pleased at the Memorandum of Understanding on transporting key supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan through Pakistani soil, the United States has said that it is working to get their relationship back on track.
"We`re pleased by this MOU, but our relationship, we continue to get it back on track and look to the future, and we have a number of issues to continue to work through with our Pakistani counterparts," the US State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference here yesterday.
This MOU demonstrates increased transparency and openness between the governments in respect of Pakistan`s sovereignty as requested by their parliament, Ventrell said.
"It also underscores our shared commitment to support Afghanistan and regional stability," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad
- Panel's report reignites debate over Clinton and Benghazi
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report