Working to have ties with Pak back on track: US
Washington: Pleased at the Memorandum of Understanding on transporting key supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan through Pakistani soil, the United States has said that it is working to get their relationship back on track.
"We`re pleased by this MOU, but our relationship, we continue to get it back on track and look to the future, and we have a number of issues to continue to work through with our Pakistani counterparts," the US State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference here yesterday.
This MOU demonstrates increased transparency and openness between the governments in respect of Pakistan`s sovereignty as requested by their parliament, Ventrell said.
"It also underscores our shared commitment to support Afghanistan and regional stability," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users