Working with US to remove operational snags: Pak
Islamabad: Acknowledging that there were
operational difficulties in its ties with the US, Pakistan
on Thursday said it was working with Washington to remove them.
"We continue to engage with the United States for
building partnership for our shared goals," Foreign Office
Spokesperson Tehmina Janjua said during her weekly press
As Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has already
mentioned, the ties at the operational level were facing
difficulties, she said, adding that it is being worked out
between the two countries.
Janjua said there are some concerns on both sides which
were being discussed.
"It remains our belief that this relationship is crucial
for the peace and stability of the entire region and beyond,"
"The realisation on both the sides about the importance
of this partnership and the need for it to be founded upon
mutual trust and respect was fully acknowledged, during the
Secretary of State`s (Hillary Clinton`s) conversation with the
Foreign Minister (Khar) over the telephone a few days ago,"
Replying to a question, the spokesperson denied that any
order was issued to 200 US diplomats to leave Pakistan within
next 30 days, adding that reports published in this regard
"Ministry of Foreign Affairs is responsible to address
all the issues relating to the movement of diplomats," she
Answering another question on Sino-Pak ties, Janjua said
the two countries have very deep rooted relations and
Pakistan is always happy with the development in China.
Pakistan`s relations with China are unique, long
standing, broad-ranging and multifaceted, she said.
The spokesperson said Khar`s visit to China, which
concluded last night, is yet another important landmark in the
series of top level interactions, which point to the
robustness of the Pak-China friendship and the commitment of
both sides to invest this relationship with even greater
To a question on presence of mass graves in Kashmir,
Janjua said that human rights should be respected and crimes
related to their violation should be punished accordingly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly