World Bank concerned over cyclone Phailin
Washington: World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has expressed concern over Cyclone Phailin that slammed India`s eastern coast Saturday.
"I`d like to express our concern about reports in eastern India where Cyclone Phailin has made landfall," he said at the close of the annual World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings here
"It is forecast to hit an area populated with 4.5 million people. Our thoughts go out to all those living in the cyclone`s path," Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur