World Bank concerned over cyclone Phailin
Washington: World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has expressed concern over Cyclone Phailin that slammed India`s eastern coast Saturday.
"I`d like to express our concern about reports in eastern India where Cyclone Phailin has made landfall," he said at the close of the annual World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings here
"It is forecast to hit an area populated with 4.5 million people. Our thoughts go out to all those living in the cyclone`s path," Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi