World Bank concerned over cyclone Phailin
Washington: World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has expressed concern over Cyclone Phailin that slammed India`s eastern coast Saturday.
"I`d like to express our concern about reports in eastern India where Cyclone Phailin has made landfall," he said at the close of the annual World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings here
"It is forecast to hit an area populated with 4.5 million people. Our thoughts go out to all those living in the cyclone`s path," Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan