World Bank concerned over cyclone Phailin
Washington: World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has expressed concern over Cyclone Phailin that slammed India`s eastern coast Saturday.
"I`d like to express our concern about reports in eastern India where Cyclone Phailin has made landfall," he said at the close of the annual World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings here
"It is forecast to hit an area populated with 4.5 million people. Our thoughts go out to all those living in the cyclone`s path," Kim said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'