World Bank concerned over cyclone Phailin
Washington: World Bank President Jim Yong Kim has expressed concern over Cyclone Phailin that slammed India`s eastern coast Saturday.
"I`d like to express our concern about reports in eastern India where Cyclone Phailin has made landfall," he said at the close of the annual World Bank-International Monetary Fund annual meetings here
"It is forecast to hit an area populated with 4.5 million people. Our thoughts go out to all those living in the cyclone`s path," Kim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price