`World cannot protect Israel`
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister says the international community`s failure to stop the violence in Syria shows it cannot keep Israel safe.
Avigdor Lieberman says the inability of international leaders and aid workers to alleviate "systematic murder of innocent civilians" in Syria "challenges all the promises of the international community that they are responsible for our security."
Lieberman spoke Sunday on Israel Radio. His comments come as the United States tries to convince Israel to rely on global economic sanctions and diplomacy to stop Iran`s nuclear ambitions before resorting to a military strike.
Israel is worried Iran is developing nuclear weapons that could be used against it. Iran claims it only seeks nuclear reactors for energy and medical research.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today