World would sacrifice Israel: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister is lashing out at Europe for criticizing Israel`s policies toward the Palestinians.
Avigdor Lieberman is drawing analogies with Europe`s appeasement of the Nazis before World War II.
Lieberman hit back at European foreign ministers for condemning Israeli plans to build settler housing in an especially sensitive area of the West Bank.
He`s also accusing the international community of ignoring threats to Israel, including weapons smuggling by Palestinian militants in Gaza and calls for Israel`s destruction from Hamas and Iran.
Today, he charged that world leaders would be prepared to abandon Israel as they gave up Czechoslovakia to the Nazis on the eve of World War II.
Lieberman said, "When push comes to shove, many key leaders would be willing to sacrifice Israel without batting an eyelid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary