World would sacrifice Israel: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister is lashing out at Europe for criticizing Israel`s policies toward the Palestinians.
Avigdor Lieberman is drawing analogies with Europe`s appeasement of the Nazis before World War II.
Lieberman hit back at European foreign ministers for condemning Israeli plans to build settler housing in an especially sensitive area of the West Bank.
He`s also accusing the international community of ignoring threats to Israel, including weapons smuggling by Palestinian militants in Gaza and calls for Israel`s destruction from Hamas and Iran.
Today, he charged that world leaders would be prepared to abandon Israel as they gave up Czechoslovakia to the Nazis on the eve of World War II.
Lieberman said, "When push comes to shove, many key leaders would be willing to sacrifice Israel without batting an eyelid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez