World would sacrifice Israel: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister is lashing out at Europe for criticizing Israel`s policies toward the Palestinians.
Avigdor Lieberman is drawing analogies with Europe`s appeasement of the Nazis before World War II.
Lieberman hit back at European foreign ministers for condemning Israeli plans to build settler housing in an especially sensitive area of the West Bank.
He`s also accusing the international community of ignoring threats to Israel, including weapons smuggling by Palestinian militants in Gaza and calls for Israel`s destruction from Hamas and Iran.
Today, he charged that world leaders would be prepared to abandon Israel as they gave up Czechoslovakia to the Nazis on the eve of World War II.
Lieberman said, "When push comes to shove, many key leaders would be willing to sacrifice Israel without batting an eyelid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement