World would sacrifice Israel: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister is lashing out at Europe for criticizing Israel`s policies toward the Palestinians.
Avigdor Lieberman is drawing analogies with Europe`s appeasement of the Nazis before World War II.
Lieberman hit back at European foreign ministers for condemning Israeli plans to build settler housing in an especially sensitive area of the West Bank.
He`s also accusing the international community of ignoring threats to Israel, including weapons smuggling by Palestinian militants in Gaza and calls for Israel`s destruction from Hamas and Iran.
Today, he charged that world leaders would be prepared to abandon Israel as they gave up Czechoslovakia to the Nazis on the eve of World War II.
Lieberman said, "When push comes to shove, many key leaders would be willing to sacrifice Israel without batting an eyelid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users