World would sacrifice Israel: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel`s foreign minister is lashing out at Europe for criticizing Israel`s policies toward the Palestinians.
Avigdor Lieberman is drawing analogies with Europe`s appeasement of the Nazis before World War II.
Lieberman hit back at European foreign ministers for condemning Israeli plans to build settler housing in an especially sensitive area of the West Bank.
He`s also accusing the international community of ignoring threats to Israel, including weapons smuggling by Palestinian militants in Gaza and calls for Israel`s destruction from Hamas and Iran.
Today, he charged that world leaders would be prepared to abandon Israel as they gave up Czechoslovakia to the Nazis on the eve of World War II.
Lieberman said, "When push comes to shove, many key leaders would be willing to sacrifice Israel without batting an eyelid."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav