World`s first Ferrari theme park opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Ferrari World, the world`s
largest indoor theme park and the first with a Ferrari theme,
opened on Thursday in the Gulf emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The theme park, located near the emirate`s Yas Marina
racing circuit, is spread over 86,000 square metres, while its
massive red roof covers 200,000 square metres, and features
the world`s largest Ferrari prancing horse shield.
"The park is designed for up to 10,000 people at any
one time," its general manager Claus Frimand told AFP.
"It`s fantastic -- this is what we have been waiting
for for years," he said, adding that "literally three years
ago, there was nothing here, only sand."
Ferrari World offers 20 attractions, including Formula
Rossa, which simulates driving a Formula 1 car and at 240
kilometres an hour is said to be the fastest roller-coaster in
The park is part of Abu Dhabi`s multi-billion-dollar
effort to develop Yas Island. The emirate also plans to open
branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums on nearby
Abu Dhabi, the largest and richest of the seven
emirates making up the United Arab Emirates, has launched an
ambitious development plan to 2030 to modernise and diversify
its economy away from oil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them