World`s first Ferrari theme park opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Ferrari World, the world`s
largest indoor theme park and the first with a Ferrari theme,
opened on Thursday in the Gulf emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The theme park, located near the emirate`s Yas Marina
racing circuit, is spread over 86,000 square metres, while its
massive red roof covers 200,000 square metres, and features
the world`s largest Ferrari prancing horse shield.
"The park is designed for up to 10,000 people at any
one time," its general manager Claus Frimand told AFP.
"It`s fantastic -- this is what we have been waiting
for for years," he said, adding that "literally three years
ago, there was nothing here, only sand."
Ferrari World offers 20 attractions, including Formula
Rossa, which simulates driving a Formula 1 car and at 240
kilometres an hour is said to be the fastest roller-coaster in
The park is part of Abu Dhabi`s multi-billion-dollar
effort to develop Yas Island. The emirate also plans to open
branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums on nearby
Abu Dhabi, the largest and richest of the seven
emirates making up the United Arab Emirates, has launched an
ambitious development plan to 2030 to modernise and diversify
its economy away from oil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'