World`s first Ferrari theme park opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Ferrari World, the world`s
largest indoor theme park and the first with a Ferrari theme,
opened on Thursday in the Gulf emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The theme park, located near the emirate`s Yas Marina
racing circuit, is spread over 86,000 square metres, while its
massive red roof covers 200,000 square metres, and features
the world`s largest Ferrari prancing horse shield.
"The park is designed for up to 10,000 people at any
one time," its general manager Claus Frimand told AFP.
"It`s fantastic -- this is what we have been waiting
for for years," he said, adding that "literally three years
ago, there was nothing here, only sand."
Ferrari World offers 20 attractions, including Formula
Rossa, which simulates driving a Formula 1 car and at 240
kilometres an hour is said to be the fastest roller-coaster in
The park is part of Abu Dhabi`s multi-billion-dollar
effort to develop Yas Island. The emirate also plans to open
branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums on nearby
Abu Dhabi, the largest and richest of the seven
emirates making up the United Arab Emirates, has launched an
ambitious development plan to 2030 to modernise and diversify
its economy away from oil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!