World`s largest tricolour unfurled in US
Chicago: The world`s largest Indian flag weighing 250 kg was unfurled at the `Vibrant India Festival` which began on Saturday, showcasing the rich heritage and history of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
The 153-feet long tricolour, made by a tailor from Porbandar, Chhotalal S hingdia, has found place in Limca Book of Records this year.
Indian-American Monty Saiyed, the organiser of the India festival, unfurled the flag in the festival at majestic Sears Center Arena here to showcase the cultural richness of India and as a symbol of peace and harmony.
During the two-day festival, there will be Rajasthani folk dance, Gujarat Garba, Raas and performances by Bollywood actors and singers.
After the event, the flag will be flown back to Navsari in Gujarat and would be used in other events in different Indian states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani