World`s largest tricolour unfurled in US
Chicago: The world`s largest Indian flag weighing 250 kg was unfurled at the `Vibrant India Festival` which began on Saturday, showcasing the rich heritage and history of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
The 153-feet long tricolour, made by a tailor from Porbandar, Chhotalal S hingdia, has found place in Limca Book of Records this year.
Indian-American Monty Saiyed, the organiser of the India festival, unfurled the flag in the festival at majestic Sears Center Arena here to showcase the cultural richness of India and as a symbol of peace and harmony.
During the two-day festival, there will be Rajasthani folk dance, Gujarat Garba, Raas and performances by Bollywood actors and singers.
After the event, the flag will be flown back to Navsari in Gujarat and would be used in other events in different Indian states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan