World`s largest tricolour unfurled in US
Chicago: The world`s largest Indian flag weighing 250 kg was unfurled at the `Vibrant India Festival` which began on Saturday, showcasing the rich heritage and history of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
The 153-feet long tricolour, made by a tailor from Porbandar, Chhotalal S hingdia, has found place in Limca Book of Records this year.
Indian-American Monty Saiyed, the organiser of the India festival, unfurled the flag in the festival at majestic Sears Center Arena here to showcase the cultural richness of India and as a symbol of peace and harmony.
During the two-day festival, there will be Rajasthani folk dance, Gujarat Garba, Raas and performances by Bollywood actors and singers.
After the event, the flag will be flown back to Navsari in Gujarat and would be used in other events in different Indian states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test