World`s largest tricolour unfurled in US
Chicago: The world`s largest Indian flag weighing 250 kg was unfurled at the `Vibrant India Festival` which began on Saturday, showcasing the rich heritage and history of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
The 153-feet long tricolour, made by a tailor from Porbandar, Chhotalal S hingdia, has found place in Limca Book of Records this year.
Indian-American Monty Saiyed, the organiser of the India festival, unfurled the flag in the festival at majestic Sears Center Arena here to showcase the cultural richness of India and as a symbol of peace and harmony.
During the two-day festival, there will be Rajasthani folk dance, Gujarat Garba, Raas and performances by Bollywood actors and singers.
After the event, the flag will be flown back to Navsari in Gujarat and would be used in other events in different Indian states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi