`World`s oldest` person dies at 132
London: A Georgian woman, who claimed to be the world`s oldest living person surviving through two World Wars and the Russian Revolution, has died at the age of 132.
Antisa Khvichava, who lived in the remote mountain village of Sachino in Georgia, held Soviet-era documents which said she was born on July 8, 1880, but her age was contested and never proven.
The woman, who lived with her 42-year-old grandson in an idyllic vine-covered country house in the mountains, retired from her job as a tea and corn picker in 1965, when she was aged 85, the `Daily Mail` reported.
Khvichava was said to have had 12 grandchildren, 18 great-grandchildren, and four great-great grandchildren - and attributed her good health to drinking a small amount of local brandy every day.
Her 72-year-old son Mikhail was apparently born when his mother was 60.
However, experts doubted her claim, substantiated on birth documents much younger than her.
Khvichava lived through two world wars along with the rise and fall of the Soviet Union. Officials, neighbours, friends, and descendants have backed up her claim as the world`s oldest living person.
Her birth certificate was lost - one of many in the past century amid revolutions and a civil war which followed the end of the USSR - but she had two Soviet-era documents which attested to her age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened