World`s oldest person dies in US at age 115
Washington: Less than two weeks after inheriting the title of the world`s oldest living human being, 115-year-old Dina Manfredini, who was living in an Iowa nursing home died Monday, according to her family.
US media reported that the woman`s granddaughter, Lori Logli, confirmed the death but would not provide information about how she died.
Guinness World Records said Manfredini became the world`s oldest living person earlier this month after Bessie Cooper of Georgia died at the age of 116.
Manfredini was born in Italy April 4, 1897 and left for Iowa in 1920 with her late husband, Ricardo, according to the NBC News.
"I m old, old lady, but I work," she told the Des Moines Register in 2004. "Work hard. I like work."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam