World`s oldest person dies in US at age 115
Washington: Less than two weeks after inheriting the title of the world`s oldest living human being, 115-year-old Dina Manfredini, who was living in an Iowa nursing home died Monday, according to her family.
US media reported that the woman`s granddaughter, Lori Logli, confirmed the death but would not provide information about how she died.
Guinness World Records said Manfredini became the world`s oldest living person earlier this month after Bessie Cooper of Georgia died at the age of 116.
Manfredini was born in Italy April 4, 1897 and left for Iowa in 1920 with her late husband, Ricardo, according to the NBC News.
"I m old, old lady, but I work," she told the Des Moines Register in 2004. "Work hard. I like work."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family