Worshippers back in Egyptian church hit in attack
Alexandria: Christians are back praying in a church targeted a day earlier by an apparent suicide bomber in an attack that killed 21 and wounded 97.
Dozens attended Sunday Mass at the Saints Church in Egypt`s Mediterranean port city of Alexandria while riot police backed by armoured vehicles were deployed outside.
The attack on Saturday was the worst violence against Egypt`s Christian minority in a decade. It sparked clashes between Christians who say the government hasn`t done enough to protect them and riot police.
The Interior Ministry blamed the bombing on "foreign elements”.
The Alexandria governor accused al Qaeda, pointing to the terror network`s branch in Iraq, which has attacked Christians there and threatened Egypt`s Coptic Orthodox Christian community.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!