Wreck of WWII freighter believed found off Albania
Tirana (Albania): Underwater archaeologists
believe they have found the wreck of an Italian merchant ship
torpedoed by the British during World War II off Albania`s
A joint US-Albanian team said today the wreckage found
last weekend probably was part of the 8,000-ton Rosandra,
which sank after being hit by a British submarine 67 years
Six people died on the vessel, which was carrying
supplies to Italian occupation forces in Greece, but 173 were
safely evacuated to land, 400 meters away.
Italy occupied Albania from 1939 to September 1943.
Albanian archaeologists and the RPM Nautical Foundation
of Key West, Florida, have found 18 wrecks from ancient,
medieval and modern times, in a four-year search off the
Balkan country`s coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok