Xi Jinping elected as member of China`s legislature
Beijing: China`s new leader Xi Jinping was Wednesday elected as the member of the nation`s legislature, the National People`s Congress, which was all set to choose him as the President early next month.
59-year-old Xi was elected as the General Secretary of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) last November.
Besides Xi, the other six leaders who were elected to the powerful seven member Standing Committee of the CPC including the second ranked leader Li Keqiang, who is tipped to become the Prime Minister, were also elected to the NPC, regarded as the rubber stamp Parliament.
Besides being the General Secretary of CPC, Xi also took over as head of the military.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH