Xi Jinping`s daughter studies at Harvard, guarded by bodyguards
London: Chinese leader Xi Jinping, who is all set to take the reins of the country, is known to have a wife who is a megastar of popular Chinese folk music. However, little is known about their only child -- a 20-year-old daughter.
According to Daily Mail, Xi Mingze is at present studying under a pseudonym at Harvard University in Cambridge to avoid undue attention. She has been studying at the Ivy League school since transferring in two years ago after going to school in China.
It is rumoured that she is surrounded by a staff of Chinese bodyguards 24 hours a day.
Last May, The Washington Post reported that she joined Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is described by peers at the school as `studious and discreet.` She often studies at the sorority house and speaks unaccented English.
Her name, Mingze, denotes innocence and moral probity, Asia Time noted in 2007, speaking of how Xi`s ascent into China`s highest office could see a sort of parallel to the White House in terms of a father showing affection for his wife and children.
Mingze is, however, not the only progeny of China`s political leaders to attend the American institution. Bo Guagua, son of embattled politician Bo Xilai, also attended the institution and had a playboy `princeling` reputation while at the school, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today