Xi Jinping`s daughter studies at Harvard, guarded by bodyguards
London: Chinese leader Xi Jinping, who is all set to take the reins of the country, is known to have a wife who is a megastar of popular Chinese folk music. However, little is known about their only child -- a 20-year-old daughter.
According to Daily Mail, Xi Mingze is at present studying under a pseudonym at Harvard University in Cambridge to avoid undue attention. She has been studying at the Ivy League school since transferring in two years ago after going to school in China.
It is rumoured that she is surrounded by a staff of Chinese bodyguards 24 hours a day.
Last May, The Washington Post reported that she joined Kappa Alpha Theta sorority and is described by peers at the school as `studious and discreet.` She often studies at the sorority house and speaks unaccented English.
Her name, Mingze, denotes innocence and moral probity, Asia Time noted in 2007, speaking of how Xi`s ascent into China`s highest office could see a sort of parallel to the White House in terms of a father showing affection for his wife and children.
Mingze is, however, not the only progeny of China`s political leaders to attend the American institution. Bo Guagua, son of embattled politician Bo Xilai, also attended the institution and had a playboy `princeling` reputation while at the school, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata