Yangon blast kills one: Myanmar official
Yangon: A blast in Myanmar`s commercial hub
and former capital Yangon on Wednesday killed one woman and wounded
another, a security officer said.
The explosion, the cause of which was not yet clear,
happened by a public toilet near a busy junction, he told news agency.
"A woman was killed and another woman was injured. The
responsible authorities are trying find out the reason by
clearing off this area," he said.
Myanmar has been hit by several bomb blasts in recent
years, most of them minor, which the authorities have blamed
on armed exile groups or ethnic minority fighters.
The country`s long-ruling military junta gave way to an
army-backed government in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley