Yangon blast kills one: Myanmar official
Yangon: A blast in Myanmar`s commercial hub
and former capital Yangon on Wednesday killed one woman and wounded
another, a security officer said.
The explosion, the cause of which was not yet clear,
happened by a public toilet near a busy junction, he told news agency.
"A woman was killed and another woman was injured. The
responsible authorities are trying find out the reason by
clearing off this area," he said.
Myanmar has been hit by several bomb blasts in recent
years, most of them minor, which the authorities have blamed
on armed exile groups or ethnic minority fighters.
The country`s long-ruling military junta gave way to an
army-backed government in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'