Yangon blast kills one: Myanmar official
Yangon: A blast in Myanmar`s commercial hub
and former capital Yangon on Wednesday killed one woman and wounded
another, a security officer said.
The explosion, the cause of which was not yet clear,
happened by a public toilet near a busy junction, he told news agency.
"A woman was killed and another woman was injured. The
responsible authorities are trying find out the reason by
clearing off this area," he said.
Myanmar has been hit by several bomb blasts in recent
years, most of them minor, which the authorities have blamed
on armed exile groups or ethnic minority fighters.
The country`s long-ruling military junta gave way to an
army-backed government in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security