Yankees go home, Venezuela’s Nicolas Maduro tells US diplomats
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
United Nations: ‘Yankees go home’, this is what Venezuelan President said to the three US diplomats, ordering them to leave within 48 hours.
Accusing the three American diplomats of being involved in an act of “sabotage” to dent Venezuelan economy, Maduro ordered their expulsion.
Addressing the public in a televised speech, the President said, "The officials have 48 hours to leave the country. ... Yankees go home. Get out of Venezuela! Get out of here! I don’t care what actions the government of Barack Obama takes”.
“i have the proof here in my hands... we detected a group of us embassy officials dedicated to meeting far-right and financing encouraging acts sabotage against electrical system venezuela’s economy”, maduro said.
the three diplomats been identified as kelly keiderling, elizabeth hunderland david mutt.
This is the latest spat between the Latin American country and the US since Maduro won the Presidential elections in April after the death of his mentor and predecessor Hugo Chavez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach