Yankees go home, Venezuela’s Nicolas Maduro tells US diplomats
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
United Nations: ‘Yankees go home’, this is what Venezuelan President said to the three US diplomats, ordering them to leave within 48 hours.
Accusing the three American diplomats of being involved in an act of “sabotage” to dent Venezuelan economy, Maduro ordered their expulsion.
Addressing the public in a televised speech, the President said, "The officials have 48 hours to leave the country. ... Yankees go home. Get out of Venezuela! Get out of here! I don’t care what actions the government of Barack Obama takes”.
“i have the proof here in my hands... we detected a group of us embassy officials dedicated to meeting far-right and financing encouraging acts sabotage against electrical system venezuela’s economy”, maduro said.
the three diplomats been identified as kelly keiderling, elizabeth hunderland david mutt.
This is the latest spat between the Latin American country and the US since Maduro won the Presidential elections in April after the death of his mentor and predecessor Hugo Chavez.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today