Yanukovych named official winner of Ukraine vote
Kiev: Ukraine`s Central Election Commission says opposition leader Viktor Yanukovych has won the presidential election according to the final official count.
Sunday`s announcement comes three days ahead of the Feb. 17 deadline for releasing the final official results of the vote. It deals a major blow to Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko`s effort to overturn the results of the Feb. 7 vote before they are made official.
A preliminary count of the votes showed Yanukovych defeating Tymoshenko by 3.5 percentage points after last Sunday`s ballot.
Tymoshenko said in a televised appeal to the public Saturday that the vote was rigged and vowed to challenge the results in court.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister
- Honda Cars expects sales to grow in double digits in 2016-17