Yasser Arafat`s widow calls his death a mystery
Valletta: The widow of Yasser Arafat says she sees a spiritual significance in the timing of her late husband`s exhumation, which came just two days before a UN vote on whether to recognise a Palestinian state.
Suha Arafat told a news agency today at her home in Malta that the exhumation to determine whether Arafat had been poisoned "was as if his soul was resurrecting" ahead of today`s vote in the General Assembly.
Mrs Arafat called the former Palestinian leader`s death in November 2004, a month after suddenly falling ill, "the most important mystery of the Middle East."
Arafat`s remains were exhumed in the West Bank on Tuesday in a renewed investigation into his death. Palestinian officials claim he was poisoned by Israel, which has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley