Yasser Arafat`s widow calls his death a mystery
Valletta: The widow of Yasser Arafat says she sees a spiritual significance in the timing of her late husband`s exhumation, which came just two days before a UN vote on whether to recognise a Palestinian state.
Suha Arafat told a news agency today at her home in Malta that the exhumation to determine whether Arafat had been poisoned "was as if his soul was resurrecting" ahead of today`s vote in the General Assembly.
Mrs Arafat called the former Palestinian leader`s death in November 2004, a month after suddenly falling ill, "the most important mystery of the Middle East."
Arafat`s remains were exhumed in the West Bank on Tuesday in a renewed investigation into his death. Palestinian officials claim he was poisoned by Israel, which has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued