Yatsenyuk flight checked after terrorism threat
Berlin: Authorities say they received a threat that a terrorist attack was planned on a plane carrying Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk home after he had addressed European Union leaders in Brussels.
Austria`s Interior Ministry said Friday that after receiving a security warning from German flight controllers, SWAT teams boarded the Austrian Airlines flight after its scheduled landing in Vienna Thursday night. They found nothing out of the ordinary.
Yatsenyuk then took his scheduled connection to Kiev.
German flight control spokeswoman Kristina Kelek says the initial warning came from Belgian police and was then relayed by her office to Austrian authorities because the plane was already almost out of German airspace when it was received.
She says it was a vague warning that "there was possibly a terrorist attack planned."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!