Years before new rocket defence ready: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says it will take years before the country`s new rocket defence system will be fully deployed along borders with Gaza and Lebanon.
But Defence Minister Ehud Barak predicts that once in place, the Iron Dome system would significantly reduce hostilities.
Israel has had no system to guard it against the thousands of rockets that militants rained down on its southern and northern borders over the years. Millions of Israeli civilians are within range of these rockets.
Barak said on Monday that Iron Dome would "save time of fighting and deter in many cases a potential enemy from really launching an attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015