Years before new rocket defence ready: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says it will take years before the country`s new rocket defence system will be fully deployed along borders with Gaza and Lebanon.
But Defence Minister Ehud Barak predicts that once in place, the Iron Dome system would significantly reduce hostilities.
Israel has had no system to guard it against the thousands of rockets that militants rained down on its southern and northern borders over the years. Millions of Israeli civilians are within range of these rockets.
Barak said on Monday that Iron Dome would "save time of fighting and deter in many cases a potential enemy from really launching an attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM