Years before new rocket defence ready: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says it will take years before the country`s new rocket defence system will be fully deployed along borders with Gaza and Lebanon.
But Defence Minister Ehud Barak predicts that once in place, the Iron Dome system would significantly reduce hostilities.
Israel has had no system to guard it against the thousands of rockets that militants rained down on its southern and northern borders over the years. Millions of Israeli civilians are within range of these rockets.
Barak said on Monday that Iron Dome would "save time of fighting and deter in many cases a potential enemy from really launching an attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145