Years before new rocket defence ready: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says it will take years before the country`s new rocket defence system will be fully deployed along borders with Gaza and Lebanon.
But Defence Minister Ehud Barak predicts that once in place, the Iron Dome system would significantly reduce hostilities.
Israel has had no system to guard it against the thousands of rockets that militants rained down on its southern and northern borders over the years. Millions of Israeli civilians are within range of these rockets.
Barak said on Monday that Iron Dome would "save time of fighting and deter in many cases a potential enemy from really launching an attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part III
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part IV
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli