Years before new rocket defence ready: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says it will take years before the country`s new rocket defence system will be fully deployed along borders with Gaza and Lebanon.
But Defence Minister Ehud Barak predicts that once in place, the Iron Dome system would significantly reduce hostilities.
Israel has had no system to guard it against the thousands of rockets that militants rained down on its southern and northern borders over the years. Millions of Israeli civilians are within range of these rockets.
Barak said on Monday that Iron Dome would "save time of fighting and deter in many cases a potential enemy from really launching an attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border