Yemen: 13 al Qaeda militants killed
Sana`a: At least 13 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers were killed when the militants launched an attack at military troops in Yemen on Sunday, Army officers said.
The attack took place in the southern province of Abyan. Dozens were injured from both sides, the officers told Xinhua.
Clashes were still going on in various parts of the al Qaeda-seized Zinjibar city.
Fierce battles erupted late Friday between al Qaeda militants and troops of the 25th Mechanised Brigade stationed in the outskirts of Zinjibar, More than 50 soldiers have been taken as hostages, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan