Yemen: 13 al Qaeda militants killed
Sana`a: At least 13 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers were killed when the militants launched an attack at military troops in Yemen on Sunday, Army officers said.
The attack took place in the southern province of Abyan. Dozens were injured from both sides, the officers told Xinhua.
Clashes were still going on in various parts of the al Qaeda-seized Zinjibar city.
Fierce battles erupted late Friday between al Qaeda militants and troops of the 25th Mechanised Brigade stationed in the outskirts of Zinjibar, More than 50 soldiers have been taken as hostages, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga
- Doha airport brings in passenger tax