Yemen: 13 al Qaeda militants killed
Sana`a: At least 13 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers were killed when the militants launched an attack at military troops in Yemen on Sunday, Army officers said.
The attack took place in the southern province of Abyan. Dozens were injured from both sides, the officers told Xinhua.
Clashes were still going on in various parts of the al Qaeda-seized Zinjibar city.
Fierce battles erupted late Friday between al Qaeda militants and troops of the 25th Mechanised Brigade stationed in the outskirts of Zinjibar, More than 50 soldiers have been taken as hostages, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!