Yemen: 13 al Qaeda militants killed
Sana`a: At least 13 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers were killed when the militants launched an attack at military troops in Yemen on Sunday, Army officers said.
The attack took place in the southern province of Abyan. Dozens were injured from both sides, the officers told Xinhua.
Clashes were still going on in various parts of the al Qaeda-seized Zinjibar city.
Fierce battles erupted late Friday between al Qaeda militants and troops of the 25th Mechanised Brigade stationed in the outskirts of Zinjibar, More than 50 soldiers have been taken as hostages, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 likely to be launched today
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin