Yemen: 13 al Qaeda militants killed
Sana`a: At least 13 al Qaeda militants and 10 soldiers were killed when the militants launched an attack at military troops in Yemen on Sunday, Army officers said.
The attack took place in the southern province of Abyan. Dozens were injured from both sides, the officers told Xinhua.
Clashes were still going on in various parts of the al Qaeda-seized Zinjibar city.
Fierce battles erupted late Friday between al Qaeda militants and troops of the 25th Mechanised Brigade stationed in the outskirts of Zinjibar, More than 50 soldiers have been taken as hostages, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred