Yemen: 14 civilians killed in errant airstrike
Sana’a: Military officials and tribesmen say an attack by Yemeni fighter planes has mistakenly hit vehicles carrying civilians travelling south of the capital, killing 14, including women and children.
The military officials said Sunday’s airstrikes in Radda in the province of Bayda were based on faulty intelligence that the passengers were al Qaeda members. Missiles fired from the warplanes hit two vehicles carrying local residents returning to their villages.
Tribesman Sheik Ahmed Ali said the dead included three women and three children.
The Yemeni government, with US support, is waging a campaign against al Qaeda militants, who are increasingly active in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt