Yemen: 30 al Qaeda suspects die in US airstrikes
Sanaa: Yemeni military and medical officials
say 30 al Qaeda suspects have been killed in US airstrikes and
clashes with Yemeni soldiers in al Qaeda-held cities in the
A military official said that the United States bombed
al Qaeda positions yesterday and today, which militants had
seized taking advantage of the political turmoil in the
country. Yemen has seen mass protests against longtime
President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The airstrikes freed a Yemeni military unit besieged in
southeast Abyan for several weeks by al Qaeda militants.
A medical official says four Yemeni military officers
were also killed in the clashes yesterday and today. The
officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were
not allowed to speak to the press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!