Yemen: 30 al Qaeda suspects die in US airstrikes
Sanaa: Yemeni military and medical officials
say 30 al Qaeda suspects have been killed in US airstrikes and
clashes with Yemeni soldiers in al Qaeda-held cities in the
A military official said that the United States bombed
al Qaeda positions yesterday and today, which militants had
seized taking advantage of the political turmoil in the
country. Yemen has seen mass protests against longtime
President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The airstrikes freed a Yemeni military unit besieged in
southeast Abyan for several weeks by al Qaeda militants.
A medical official says four Yemeni military officers
were also killed in the clashes yesterday and today. The
officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were
not allowed to speak to the press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?