Yemen: 30 al Qaeda suspects die in US airstrikes
Sanaa: Yemeni military and medical officials
say 30 al Qaeda suspects have been killed in US airstrikes and
clashes with Yemeni soldiers in al Qaeda-held cities in the
A military official said that the United States bombed
al Qaeda positions yesterday and today, which militants had
seized taking advantage of the political turmoil in the
country. Yemen has seen mass protests against longtime
President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The airstrikes freed a Yemeni military unit besieged in
southeast Abyan for several weeks by al Qaeda militants.
A medical official says four Yemeni military officers
were also killed in the clashes yesterday and today. The
officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were
not allowed to speak to the press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama