Yemen: 36 killed in fighting with al Qaeda
Sanaa: Yemeni officials say fresh clashes with al Qaeda fighters in the south have left at least 34 people dead, while a suspected US drone strike has killed two militants.
The officials say the drone attack took place in the central province of Bayda, killing a Somali and Yemeni militants.
Al Qaeda briefly ovverran parts of Bayda earlier this year.
Further south in Abyan province, fighting between Yemeni troops and al-Qaida fighters killed 12 soldiers and 22 al Qaeda militants.
The officials say the clashes took place some 10 kilometers (six miles) outside Jaar, a key town that has been under the control of militants since last year.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with military regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!