Yemen: 4 militants killed by Army, US drone strike
Sanaa: Yemeni military officials say their Army has killed two al-Qaeda fighters and a US drone has killed two others in the country`s south.
The officials say the soldiers stormed a house in the former militant stronghold of Jaar today. They say two militants who fired at the soldiers were shot dead.
They say that late yesterday, a US drone conducted a strike on two other militants riding a motorcycle in the town of Radda in Bayda province, killing them. The drone also attacked militants in a car in the same area, but their fate was not known.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity according to regulations.
Yemen officials often credit the US with carrying out drone airstrikes against militants. The US rarely comments on its role in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!