Yemen: 4 militants killed by Army, US drone strike
Sanaa: Yemeni military officials say their Army has killed two al-Qaeda fighters and a US drone has killed two others in the country`s south.
The officials say the soldiers stormed a house in the former militant stronghold of Jaar today. They say two militants who fired at the soldiers were shot dead.
They say that late yesterday, a US drone conducted a strike on two other militants riding a motorcycle in the town of Radda in Bayda province, killing them. The drone also attacked militants in a car in the same area, but their fate was not known.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity according to regulations.
Yemen officials often credit the US with carrying out drone airstrikes against militants. The US rarely comments on its role in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy