Yemen arrests 11 Qaeda suspects
Sana’a: Yemeni security forces arrested 11 al Qaeda suspects in a residential area of the capital Sana’a, killing one man during the operation, the Defence Ministry`s 26sep.net news website has reported.
The man killed, who was the father of one of the suspects, opened fire on security forces, wounding one of them, before being shot dead, the website said.
One of the suspects also tried to resist but "all members of the cell were arrested”, it added.
Yemen began an intensified campaign against al Qaeda in late December as international pressure mounted after a failed attempt to blow up a US airliner on December 25 was claimed by the militant network`s Yemeni arm.
US Central Command chief General David Petraeus has said Yemen is the one part of the Middle East where al Qaeda remains a growing threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray