Yemen arrests 11 Qaeda suspects
Sana’a: Yemeni security forces arrested 11 al Qaeda suspects in a residential area of the capital Sana’a, killing one man during the operation, the Defence Ministry`s 26sep.net news website has reported.
The man killed, who was the father of one of the suspects, opened fire on security forces, wounding one of them, before being shot dead, the website said.
One of the suspects also tried to resist but "all members of the cell were arrested”, it added.
Yemen began an intensified campaign against al Qaeda in late December as international pressure mounted after a failed attempt to blow up a US airliner on December 25 was claimed by the militant network`s Yemeni arm.
US Central Command chief General David Petraeus has said Yemen is the one part of the Middle East where al Qaeda remains a growing threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America