Yemen defence minster escapes assassination bid: Report
Sanaa: Yemen`s Defence Minister Mohammed Nasser Ahmed on Tuesday escaped an attempt on his life when he survived a car bomb attack, according to BBC.
According to the initial reports, the explosion was caused by a detonator. A car bomb detonated when the minister`s motorcade passed by.
The incident, in which 10 people were killed, including seven guards, happened near the government headquarters .
The attack came a day after senior Yemeni Defense Ministry officials reportedly said that second-in-command of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) Saeed al-Shehri was killed in an army operation here.
"The defence minister was the target," said the security official, adding that the blast took place near the car carrying guards, killing seven of them.
"A security car was totally destroyed and all its occupants were killed, but the minister survived because his car is armoured" as per BBC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!