Yemen donors to meet in Riyadh in February: Miliband
London: Yemen`s Western and Gulf donors will meet in Riyadh on February 22-23, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband announced at an international meeting on the Arab country in London on Wednesday.
"The meeting will not just share analysis on the improved disbursement of aid to Yemen but also establish a joint dialogue with the government of Yemen on its reform priorities," Miliband said.
International talks to stop Yemen from joining the club of failed states and becoming the regional command for al Qaeda marked the start of a broader and more comprehensive strategy to fight militancy by major powers.
The London talks galvanised global support for Yemen and its government recognised the urgent need for economic and political reforms to help fight al Qaeda militancy which could threaten regional stability.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown called the meeting after a Yemen-based al Qaeda affiliate said it was behind a failed December 25 bid to blow up a US-bound plane with 300 people aboard.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug