Yemen donors to meet in Riyadh in February: Miliband
London: Yemen`s Western and Gulf donors will meet in Riyadh on February 22-23, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband announced at an international meeting on the Arab country in London on Wednesday.
"The meeting will not just share analysis on the improved disbursement of aid to Yemen but also establish a joint dialogue with the government of Yemen on its reform priorities," Miliband said.
International talks to stop Yemen from joining the club of failed states and becoming the regional command for al Qaeda marked the start of a broader and more comprehensive strategy to fight militancy by major powers.
The London talks galvanised global support for Yemen and its government recognised the urgent need for economic and political reforms to help fight al Qaeda militancy which could threaten regional stability.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown called the meeting after a Yemen-based al Qaeda affiliate said it was behind a failed December 25 bid to blow up a US-bound plane with 300 people aboard.
(With Agencies’ inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail