Yemen finds four bodies in area where Europeans were seized
Sanaa: Yemeni police have recovered four
bodies in the northern mountains where seven Germans, a Briton
and a South Korean were kidnapped last June, a security
official said to a news agency on Monday.
The source said the bodies of a woman, two men and a
child were found Saturday in the Al-Jawf region.
"The bodies were in a state of decomposition, but they
appeared to be foreigners," a tribal leader from the region said to a news agency.
A helicopter was sent to the region to bring the bodies
to Sanaa for DNA tests, the security official said.
The seven Germans, South Korean and the Briton were
kidnapped in June in the northern Saada province, the
stronghold of Zaidi Shiite rebels, also known as Huthis.
Al-Jawf is east of Saada.
The bodies of two Germans and the South Korean were
recovered shortly after the abduction. Five Germans -- a
couple and their three children -- and the Briton remain
The adults were members of a humanitarian organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced