Yemen opposes any direct US military intervention
Sana’a: Yemen`s Foreign Minister says his country opposes any direct intervention by the US or other foreign troops in the fight against al Qaeda.
Foreign Minister Abu Bakr al-Qirbi said in an interview today that "there is a lot of sensitivity about foreign troops coming to Yemeni territory."
US military personnel are currently in Yemen training its counterterrorism forces, and al-Qirbi says Yemen would welcome more personnel as trainers. "But not in any other capacity."
He says "direct intervention complicates things."
Washington has increased its counterterrorism aid to Yemen to fight al Qaeda, but has indicated it does not seek to put troops on the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan