Yemen ready to deal positively with UN resolution
Sana’a: Yemen said on Saturday it was ready to "deal positively" with a UN Security Council resolution urging the government to sign an agreement that would require the President to step down in exchange for immunity.
"The government of the Yemeni government is willing to deal positively with UN Security Council resolution 2014, for it conforms with the Yemeni government efforts to put an end to the political crisis on the basis of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) initiative," a Yemeni government source said in a statement obtained said.
Ali Abdullah Saleh already has backed down three times from signing the Gulf initiative, which came following months of protests by Yemenis demanding that the President end his 33 years in office.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram