Yemen troops foil attack on hospital, 6 killed
Sanaa: Yemen`s defense ministry says its troops have foiled a militant attack on a military-affiliated hospital in the country`s south, setting off clashes that killed four militants and two soldiers.
The ministry statement said the attack occurred today on the hospital in Hadramawt province, setting off a battle that lasted for an hour.
Yemen is home to one of the most active branches of al-Qaida group. The government has waged repeated offensives to drive out the militants from the south, most recently this spring.
The group retaliated with a series of attacks against troops and security. On Thursday, militants had carried out coordinated attacks against an airport, a military barracks and post office in the province, killing 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef