Yemen troops foil attack on hospital, 6 killed
Sanaa: Yemen`s defense ministry says its troops have foiled a militant attack on a military-affiliated hospital in the country`s south, setting off clashes that killed four militants and two soldiers.
The ministry statement said the attack occurred today on the hospital in Hadramawt province, setting off a battle that lasted for an hour.
Yemen is home to one of the most active branches of al-Qaida group. The government has waged repeated offensives to drive out the militants from the south, most recently this spring.
The group retaliated with a series of attacks against troops and security. On Thursday, militants had carried out coordinated attacks against an airport, a military barracks and post office in the province, killing 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot