Yemen troops foil attack on hospital, 6 killed
Sanaa: Yemen`s defense ministry says its troops have foiled a militant attack on a military-affiliated hospital in the country`s south, setting off clashes that killed four militants and two soldiers.
The ministry statement said the attack occurred today on the hospital in Hadramawt province, setting off a battle that lasted for an hour.
Yemen is home to one of the most active branches of al-Qaida group. The government has waged repeated offensives to drive out the militants from the south, most recently this spring.
The group retaliated with a series of attacks against troops and security. On Thursday, militants had carried out coordinated attacks against an airport, a military barracks and post office in the province, killing 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen