Yemen troops foil attack on hospital, 6 killed
Sanaa: Yemen`s defense ministry says its troops have foiled a militant attack on a military-affiliated hospital in the country`s south, setting off clashes that killed four militants and two soldiers.
The ministry statement said the attack occurred today on the hospital in Hadramawt province, setting off a battle that lasted for an hour.
Yemen is home to one of the most active branches of al-Qaida group. The government has waged repeated offensives to drive out the militants from the south, most recently this spring.
The group retaliated with a series of attacks against troops and security. On Thursday, militants had carried out coordinated attacks against an airport, a military barracks and post office in the province, killing 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog