Yemen troops foil attack on hospital, 6 killed
Sanaa: Yemen`s defense ministry says its troops have foiled a militant attack on a military-affiliated hospital in the country`s south, setting off clashes that killed four militants and two soldiers.
The ministry statement said the attack occurred today on the hospital in Hadramawt province, setting off a battle that lasted for an hour.
Yemen is home to one of the most active branches of al-Qaida group. The government has waged repeated offensives to drive out the militants from the south, most recently this spring.
The group retaliated with a series of attacks against troops and security. On Thursday, militants had carried out coordinated attacks against an airport, a military barracks and post office in the province, killing 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama
- Tunisian parliament approves national united government
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- North Korea submarine missiles not ready until 2018: Experts