Yemen: Two militants killed in US airstrike
Sanaa: Yemeni security officials Monday said a US drone airstrike has killed two al-Qaida militants in a southern town.
They said one was a midlevel al-Qaida Yemeni operative who escaped a US drone attack 10 years ago. The other was said to be a Jordanian.
The officials said today`s airstrike on Radda in Bayda province also critically injured three militants.
The Yemeni militant, Abdel-Raouf Naseeb, escaped death in the first recorded drone attack in Yemen, on November 3, 2002.
That strike killed Abu Ali al-Harithi, suspected of masterminding the October 2000 attack against the USS Cole warship in a Yemen port.
A member of the Naseeb family confirmed his death to The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity fearing government reprisal.
The security officials also requested anonymity according to regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country