Yemeni governor stabbed during protest riot
Sana`a: The governor of Yemen`s northeast Marib province was stabbed in the chest while trying to break up an anti-government riot Monday, Xinhua quoted a local security official as saying.
The official, requesting anonymity, said Governor Naji bin Ali al-Zaidi was stabbed several times in his chest by protesters in front of the government office in Marib city, the provincial capital.
There was no immediate word on his medical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi