Yemeni governor stabbed during protest riot
Sana`a: The governor of Yemen`s northeast Marib province was stabbed in the chest while trying to break up an anti-government riot Monday, Xinhua quoted a local security official as saying.
The official, requesting anonymity, said Governor Naji bin Ali al-Zaidi was stabbed several times in his chest by protesters in front of the government office in Marib city, the provincial capital.
There was no immediate word on his medical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB