Yemeni President sacks intelligence chiefs
Sana`a: Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi Tuesday sacked heads of the national security agency and military intelligence, after two suicide car bombs targeted the country`s defence minister in the capital and killed at least 12 people, Xinhua reported.
President Hadi dismissed the head of the National Security Agency, Ali Mohammed al-Anisi, and the head of Military Intelligence, Mujahid Ali Ghuthaim. According to a presidential decree, the move was included in a partial cabinet reshuffle, reported the Saba news agency.
In the cabinet reshuffle, the president appointed Hisham Sharaf Abdullah as Minister for Higher Education and Research, and Ahmed Abdullah Daris as Minister for the Oil and Mineral Resources. He also named new governors of the provinces of Sanaa, Amran, Shabwa, al-Jouf and al-Bayda.
The reshuffle came few hours after two suicide car bombs hit the motorcade of the defence minister in front of Prime Minister`s office in Sana`a. Though the minister survived the attack but 12 others, including seven of his bodyguards, were killed.
The terrorist attack was the fourth of its kind in less than three months by the militants of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) after the minister was targeted twice in the southern port city of Aden and once in the southern province of Abyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues