Yemeni President sacks intelligence chiefs
Sana`a: Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi Tuesday sacked heads of the national security agency and military intelligence, after two suicide car bombs targeted the country`s defence minister in the capital and killed at least 12 people, Xinhua reported.
President Hadi dismissed the head of the National Security Agency, Ali Mohammed al-Anisi, and the head of Military Intelligence, Mujahid Ali Ghuthaim. According to a presidential decree, the move was included in a partial cabinet reshuffle, reported the Saba news agency.
In the cabinet reshuffle, the president appointed Hisham Sharaf Abdullah as Minister for Higher Education and Research, and Ahmed Abdullah Daris as Minister for the Oil and Mineral Resources. He also named new governors of the provinces of Sanaa, Amran, Shabwa, al-Jouf and al-Bayda.
The reshuffle came few hours after two suicide car bombs hit the motorcade of the defence minister in front of Prime Minister`s office in Sana`a. Though the minister survived the attack but 12 others, including seven of his bodyguards, were killed.
The terrorist attack was the fourth of its kind in less than three months by the militants of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) after the minister was targeted twice in the southern port city of Aden and once in the southern province of Abyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands