Yemen`s al Qaeda deputy chief urges new attacks
Yemen: The deputy chief of al Qaeda`s offshoot in Yemen has called for attacks on Saudi Arabia and US interests in the region.
Said al-Shihri urged followers in an audio message posted Monday on the Internet "to attack the interests of America and the Crusaders, and their agents ... especially the Saudi" rulers who he claimed are waging a proxy war against Muslims.
It was al-Shihri`s first appearance since the December 24 airstrike by Yemeni forces that targeted him and other al Qaeda figures in the Arabian Peninsula country. He sought to reassure al Qaeda`s leadership in Afghanistan that they are well despite the attack.
Al-Shihri also congratulated Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab for his "blessed" attempt to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?