Yemen`s al Qaeda deputy chief urges new attacks
Yemen: The deputy chief of al Qaeda`s offshoot in Yemen has called for attacks on Saudi Arabia and US interests in the region.
Said al-Shihri urged followers in an audio message posted Monday on the Internet "to attack the interests of America and the Crusaders, and their agents ... especially the Saudi" rulers who he claimed are waging a proxy war against Muslims.
It was al-Shihri`s first appearance since the December 24 airstrike by Yemeni forces that targeted him and other al Qaeda figures in the Arabian Peninsula country. He sought to reassure al Qaeda`s leadership in Afghanistan that they are well despite the attack.
Al-Shihri also congratulated Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab for his "blessed" attempt to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!