Yemen`s ousted leader blasts Arab Spring revolts
Sana’a: Yemen`s deposed leader says the Arab Spring revolts that swept the region last year brought "destruction" to the nations in which they took place.
Ali Abdullah Saleh say Yemen`s own yearlong revolt cost billions of dollars in lost revenues.
Saleh also criticised what he said was "biased" implementation of the power-transfer deal that saw him step down in February, and said it could ignite a new crisis. This was an apparent response to new President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi`s moves to purge the security forces of the ex-leader`s loyalists.
Saleh`s Saturday night comments came in an address to university graduates and were reported by aides who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened