Yemen`s ousted leader blasts Arab Spring revolts
Sana’a: Yemen`s deposed leader says the Arab Spring revolts that swept the region last year brought "destruction" to the nations in which they took place.
Ali Abdullah Saleh say Yemen`s own yearlong revolt cost billions of dollars in lost revenues.
Saleh also criticised what he said was "biased" implementation of the power-transfer deal that saw him step down in February, and said it could ignite a new crisis. This was an apparent response to new President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi`s moves to purge the security forces of the ex-leader`s loyalists.
Saleh`s Saturday night comments came in an address to university graduates and were reported by aides who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj