Yemen`s ousted leader blasts Arab Spring revolts
Sana’a: Yemen`s deposed leader says the Arab Spring revolts that swept the region last year brought "destruction" to the nations in which they took place.
Ali Abdullah Saleh say Yemen`s own yearlong revolt cost billions of dollars in lost revenues.
Saleh also criticised what he said was "biased" implementation of the power-transfer deal that saw him step down in February, and said it could ignite a new crisis. This was an apparent response to new President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi`s moves to purge the security forces of the ex-leader`s loyalists.
Saleh`s Saturday night comments came in an address to university graduates and were reported by aides who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days