Yemen`s Saleh to seek exile in Ethiopia: Aides
Sana’a: Aides to Ali Abdullah Saleh say that the ousted Yemeni president plans to go into exile in Ethiopia.
The aides said on Monday that the former president will leave Yemen within two days along with some of his family members.
A diplomat in Sana’a confirmed that arrangements had been made for Saleh`s arrival. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
On Saturday, newly-inaugurated President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi was sworn in as president as part of a power-transfer deal that gave Saleh immunity from prosecution in exchange for stepping down. The deal aims to end a year of turmoil that left hundreds of protesters dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation