Yemen`s Saleh to seek exile in Ethiopia: Aides
Sana’a: Aides to Ali Abdullah Saleh say that the ousted Yemeni president plans to go into exile in Ethiopia.
The aides said on Monday that the former president will leave Yemen within two days along with some of his family members.
A diplomat in Sana’a confirmed that arrangements had been made for Saleh`s arrival. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
On Saturday, newly-inaugurated President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi was sworn in as president as part of a power-transfer deal that gave Saleh immunity from prosecution in exchange for stepping down. The deal aims to end a year of turmoil that left hundreds of protesters dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen