Yemen`s Saleh to seek exile in Ethiopia: Aides
Sana’a: Aides to Ali Abdullah Saleh say that the ousted Yemeni president plans to go into exile in Ethiopia.
The aides said on Monday that the former president will leave Yemen within two days along with some of his family members.
A diplomat in Sana’a confirmed that arrangements had been made for Saleh`s arrival. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
On Saturday, newly-inaugurated President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi was sworn in as president as part of a power-transfer deal that gave Saleh immunity from prosecution in exchange for stepping down. The deal aims to end a year of turmoil that left hundreds of protesters dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state