Yemen`s Saleh `well` but date of return uncertain
Sanaa: Wounded Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is "well" but the date of his return cannot be
confirmed, the deputy information minister said today, amid
conflicting reports on the embattled leader`s health.
"We have no confirmation yet" on the date of the
return of Saleh, recovering in Riyadh from wounds sustained in
an explosion as he prayed at his palace mosque earlier this
month, "but we assume he`ll be back within the few coming
days," Abdo al-Janadi told a news agency.
"He is constantly in contact with the vice president
(Abdrabuh Mansur Hadi) and he is well. His wounds are of no
source of worry," said Janadi.
Saleh "is now undergoing plastic surgery from the
burns he had suffered in the attack."
But an informed Yemeni source in Riyadh said Saleh,
who has not been seen in public since the attack, is still in
the intensive care unit at a Saudi military hospital.
"His condition has not improved. He is still at the
intensive care unit and nobody can see him," the source told
AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The source dismissed any speculation of Saleh`s
The condition of Prime Minister Ali Mohammad Mujawar
and consultative council chief Abdulaziz Abdulghani, who were
also wounded in the blast that killed 11 people and injured
another 124 and who are also in Riyadh, is "still very bad,"
the same source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’