Yogis send Gaza positive vibes from Lebanon coast
Beirut: A group of yogis gathered on the
Beirut coast at dawn on Thursday to send "positive vibes" to Gaza in
the wake of a deadly Israeli raid on a relief flotilla bound
for the Palestinian territory.
Twenty-five men and women stood facing the Mediterranean
sea at daybreak, their backs to the sun, and performed 108
"sun salutations" -- a series of 12 postures performed at
Lebanese Mira Siblini said she organised the event via
Facebook to show solidarity with the victims of Monday`s raid.
"I was so moved by the sight, no one expected this
savageness," Siblini told agency.
"I wanted to do something to show solidarity with the
victims and the only answer I could find was through yoga."
At least nine people were killed when Israeli commandos
stormed the aid flotilla in international waters in the
eastern Mediterranean shortly before dawn Monday.
Israeli officials said 682 people from 42 countries were
on the six ships that tried to break the Gaza blockade.
All were detained but the majority have since been
expelled by Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit