Young Gaddafi was once a sex symbol in Lanka
London: Libya’s former foreign minister Moussa Koussa had more than 30 years ago written a university dissertation on Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi – which has now been uncovered.
The 226-page study titled ‘The Political Leader And His Social Background, Muammar Gaddafi, The Libyan Leader’, provides a crucial insight into the Libyan leader’s mindset and gives a clear image of the young Gaddafi.
Koussa – the top-flight Gaddafi aide who defected to Britain – was at the time unknown to the dictator and had to rely on wealthy family connections to secure privileged access to him to complete his dissertation.
His work has revealed vital clues about the source of the dictator’s hatred of the West and in particular the British, linking this animosity to a previously unknown visit to London at height of the swinging 60s, reports the Daily Mail.
Gaddafi, who was sent to England in 1966 to complete his military training, claims that during his four-month stay in England he was insulted by British Army officers whom he accused of ‘oppressing’ him for days.
Further secret National Archive reports show that by the time Gaddafi came to power in 1969, the British Government considered him mad, moronic, messianic and a genuine threat to the security of the region.
The papers also reveal how Gaddafi’s table manners during a state occasion caused acute embarrassment – as he drank the water from a finger bowl because he didn’t know what it was for – and that the dictator was once a sex symbol in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'