Yudhoyono sworn in for 2nd term as Indonesian prez
Jakarta: Liberal ex-general Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was sworn in as Indonesia`s president on Tuesday after winning a second five-year term with
promises of economic growth and political reform.
The softly-spoken leader swore on the Koran, Islam`s holy book, to uphold the constitution during a ceremony in the national assembly in Jakarta which was broadcast around the archipelago of 234 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list