Yudhoyono sworn in for 2nd term as Indonesian prez
Jakarta: Liberal ex-general Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono was sworn in as Indonesia`s president on Tuesday after winning a second five-year term with
promises of economic growth and political reform.
The softly-spoken leader swore on the Koran, Islam`s holy book, to uphold the constitution during a ceremony in the national assembly in Jakarta which was broadcast around the archipelago of 234 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking