Zambia road accident: Police confirm 51 deaths
Lusaka (Zambia): Fifty-one people died and several others were injured when a passenger bus collided with a truck near the Zambian capital on Thursday, reports said.
As relief work was still on, a spokesman was quoted by agencies as saying that the toll could still rise.
The bus plying between Copperbelt mining province and Zambian capital, Lusaka, belonged to the Zambia Postal Service.
Local media reported that the bus was ferrying over 70 passengers.
The cause of the accident was still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore