Zambia road accident: Police confirm 51 deaths
Lusaka (Zambia): Fifty-one people died and several others were injured when a passenger bus collided with a truck near the Zambian capital on Thursday, reports said.
As relief work was still on, a spokesman was quoted by agencies as saying that the toll could still rise.
The bus plying between Copperbelt mining province and Zambian capital, Lusaka, belonged to the Zambia Postal Service.
Local media reported that the bus was ferrying over 70 passengers.
The cause of the accident was still unknown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...